Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lack

My life is lacking something right now! Well, really its like one thing because of another thing! Really when I think about it my life is lacking motivation. Beyond the basics of keeping Emma in tip top shape, feeding, bathing, and dressing and the other wonderful things, keeping my house clean, and semi-regular dinner making.....I have no motivation to do anything else! Believe it or not I think it all stems from my lack of closeness with God lately.

I don't remember the last time I attempted to pick up my Bible, prayer..that's alittle better, because well I can do that all through out the day! However, on my part the effort has been embarrassing! The last time I taught a lesson in youth group I was explaining to them, that as we move into a new direction with doing outreaches that they need to make sure that they were putting God before everything, they were walking in His ways! Not, just coming to church and youth group but truly, serving the Lord. Then I took a look at myself. Yes, I go to church, Bible study, youth group, worship practice, we say grace as a family at dinner time. I read my Daughter stories from the Bible....I just haven't been living a life that shows any kind of personal relationship with the Lord!

It all goes hand in hand really...I find when I sacrifice the time to spend even just 15-20mins with the Lord during the day..everything else just falls in place! I have the energy to do what I need to, I have the motivation to do get the things done that need to during the day! And really this lack of motivation is killing my grades! I am trying to do everything on my own strength not relying on the Lord! I guess the first step is admitting that I have a problem :) I will try to do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment