Sunday, January 4, 2009

"The Battle Belongs to the Lord"

Its true, it really does!

I was reminded during worship today that the "battle" truly does belong to the Lord. So what is my battle you may ask? Well, that is a good question! There are many! For one..I feel like I am fighting a battle with my body! The fact that it took us three years to get pregnant with Emma, and then this last month with the chemical pregnancy. I feel like I battle my body to do what it is supposed to do when it comes to making a baby stick! However, with that being said- Emma is our little miracle baby- so just because we had this set back does not mean that this battle as well does not belong to the Lord! Because it does!

Other battles? My struggles with my marriage- Dan and I have had our ups and downs and the more I think of it the more I think its no more than any other husband and wife that I know! I love my husband so much, and my love for him has only multiplied since he has become a father! he is so great with Emma! And surprisingly we agree a lot more than we thought we would when it comes to raising her! But in any case...what I finally had to do was say Lord this marriage belongs to you..do what you will with it! Along the way, we've had our counseling sessions, our blows up and make ups- its all working out though!

Our struggle with fiances seems to been handed over the Lord and he has definitely been victorious! We are not rich by any means and with me not working, its a little tighter than it had been for the last two years! However, our first three years of marriage were spent as poor college students living off family generosity, and student loans. We have turned a corner and we can now afford to pay all of our bills! We have a house over our head, food on the table, and heat coming out of the vents! thank you Lord!

Anyways, those are just a couple...what do you struggle with today? I encourage you to hand them over to the Lord and see what he does with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment