Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Test Everything"

1 Thessalonians 5 say to "test everything. And hold on to the good." Now, it was in the context of prophecy- but do you think that means teachings as well? I am pretty sure there are passages that talk about not taking everything at face value and I should study up for myself and not just let my pastor decide for me what I believe. For a couple of weeks now I have been questioning somethings that I have been learning regarding prophesy,prosperity and healing. I have been feeling kind of lost lately b/c I talk about these things with husband and he doesn't see the problem. However, in my thinking- something doesn't add up. Now, I really don't want to write all about theology I am just saying I am doubting somethings right now. Especially after what happened to Katya and now the after affects that her family has to deal with.

Now, let me just say that I don't want to be one of those questions who goes around saying "Lord why did you do this to my friend?" I do feel though; that I have legitimate questions that I hope will be answered. For the first time and I don't know how many years I went through a whole praise service at church and did not praise. Now, there were many things going on taking care of Emma and having Sarah next to me I sometimes talk to her :) However, I think that I kind of am in a sulking stage right now and was still upset. I know, that is not a mature christian thing to do- but I did and hopefully will get through that. Husband just thinks that I am still upset about Katya and in a couple of weeks when the hurt isn't so bad I will get over it. I hope that is true however, I was questioning things before she passed- and now it has only intensified. I don't know whats going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment