Wednesday, February 4, 2009

She has her first "booboo"

Emma is really daring....

She has been pulling herself up to things since about six months...after that she was walking behind things. So, now she is trying to stretch her limits! Tonight, husband went into the bathroom and shut the door, she got upset by this. Proceeds to pull herself up on to the door and wait there until Daddy came out. I yelled to husband "Honey be careful when you come out Emma is at the door. Well, apparently he didn't hear me because the door cam a swinging open with Emma still standing up against it. She fell head first into the door frame right on the corner of her forehead. She has pretty good size goose egg there, and bruise. Plus, she has scrape as well. All this 5 days before she has her 8 months appointment with the pedi. Oh well, hopefully it will heal up before then. I tried to put on ice on it, but she wasn't having that. I figure we won't go out in public for a couple of days lol. I can only imagine what people think when they see stuff like that on babies heads.

As a first time mom my first reaction was over reacting. Husband picked her up first, I then demanded she be in my arms right away. Then I started to think about head injuries, does she of a concussion, and so forth. Finally, I moved into aw mommy- I took a picture of her first owie!

So that's that's the story of Emma's first injury.

2 comments:

  1. LOL If they are a mom, they are thinking "Aww poor baby took a digger". If they are anybody else they are thinking "hmm, I wonder if I should call CPS." ;)

    ReplyDelete