Saturday, December 27, 2008

sleep will come

Over the past two weeks, Emma and I have established a new habit! She wakes up in the night sometimes once every hour, sometimes a little longer in between. The only way that she will go back to sleep is if she is sleeping next to me! So...this habit most be broken! Tonight is the night to do it!

Right now, I am camped out next to Emma's bed right where she can see me...for the last hour we have been singing and talking, however, she has not gone to sleep yet! She is at this min quite content with watching me type on the laptop. I have a feeling this is going to be a long night! And a hard habit to break! I am sure it would be eaiser in her own room...but we just aren't ready for her to be all the way upstairs while we are done stairs! maybe taking the pack and play out of our room at night will help. I think she wakes up; and now that she can pull herself up she does that and looks for us! I don't know maybe knowing that we aren't in the room can be a good a bad thing! I think these nights have been worse than the newborn nights! At least then, she was just getting up a couple of times to eat! Now, when she gets up; if I don't pick her up right away she is VERY upset! And that can keep us up for hours!

So tonight is going to be a long night..probably the rest of this week will be! however, it will be worth it in the long run- when she is finally back to sleeping through the night! And in her own bed! Send lots of prayers!!


went back to edit for spelling...and she is asleep! Wohoo, I think I will stay here and see if we can keep this going!

No comments:

Post a Comment